Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topic  Start new topic  Start Poll

Brad Hogan
Posted: May 15, 2009 07:36 pm
 Quote Post

Group: member
Member No.: 3862

This is my first python. Picked him up yesterday. he's just over 2' at the moment. the housing is a little small but is gonna be changed next week from a 9l tub to an 15l, gonna let him settle and get a feed before i move him. he's coming up for shed so should be gd to see his fresh colours.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
Tarantulas

Scorpions

Snakes:

Lizards:

Amphibians:
   PMEmail PosterYahoo

Damien
Posted: May 15, 2009 09:15 pm
 Quote Post

Do you want to get kippered?

Member No.: 731

Nice snake but it looks like a normal coastal carpet python and its semi arboreal mate!

--------------------
user posted image

I LIKE BOMBAY ROLLS
   PMEmail Poster

FryLock
Posted: May 15, 2009 10:08 pm
 Quote Post

Almost as big a scallywag as Tescos but not worth a big mention

Group: Admin
Member No.: 240

You can't beat carpets (there is a joke there im sure) But i agree with Damien it looks like normal young macdowelli to me to, if not maybe mac X harrisoni? i don't keep tabs on what genes they stick in what these days in herps laugh.gif

--------------------
Only ever been banned from two Forums so far (But Tescos is still in the lead)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

A thought crime a day keeps the padded cell away!!
Tidy, Access, Evoke!!
   PMEmail Poster

Brad Hogan
Posted: May 15, 2009 10:27 pm
 Quote Post

yeah he's going to go into a 3x2x2 viv in about 3 months i expect, going to attach some perching branches with hooks so they can be easily removed (something i learnt from the complete chondro, love that book). i have a tub with more height on it but still i think it might be a little too big for him since its 28l tub. its definelty a jungle jag cross irian jaya, i trust the guy i go to, he's worked with david attenborough in life in cold blood and loads of other stuff too. he's always given gd advice and his knowledge with animals is extremely impressive. if you follow this link and scroll down, there is a pic of an irian jaya crossed with a jag and it looks extremely similar to mine:

http://www.lowergroundreptiles.net/available/

p.s.
sorry if im sounding aggressively defensive but i really dont mean to. Do u keep many carpet python at all? if so, any advice?

--------------------
Tarantulas

Scorpions

Snakes:

Lizards:

Amphibians:
   PMEmail PosterYahoo

Brad Hogan
Posted: May 15, 2009 10:36 pm
 Quote Post

hey frylock. got introduced to carpets while reading about gtp's and loved the look and sound of them since. beautiful, impressive looking snakes yet (mostly) tame.

--------------------
Tarantulas

Scorpions

Snakes:

Lizards:

Amphibians:
   PMEmail PosterYahoo

Damien
Posted: May 15, 2009 10:54 pm
 Quote Post

Do you want to get kippered?

Member No.: 731

I used to have 2 coastals and when they are younger they a very aggresive but once they mature they calm down alot.

--------------------
user posted image

I LIKE BOMBAY ROLLS
   PMEmail Poster

Brad Hogan
Posted: May 15, 2009 11:44 pm
 Quote Post

yeah ive read that alot about the carpet pythons. i held him in the store and he seemed fine, let me check him over no problem but i no im gonna get bitten at some point but they're worth it. i hear they're mainly ok once they're out of the viv's, its actually removing them when your most likely to be bitten. that true from ur experience? do u have any pics of your semi-arboreal set-ups? trying to think of a gd balance between visually attractive and practicle to keep clean.

--------------------
Tarantulas

Scorpions

Snakes:

Lizards:

Amphibians:
   PMEmail PosterYahoo

FryLock
Posted: May 16, 2009 05:58 pm
 Quote Post

Almost as big a scallywag as Tescos but not worth a big mention

Group: Admin
Member No.: 240

Have to say im not up on all this morph stuff, but if it lacks the jag gene (from what iv read) then it's probably kosher but will look a lot like a macdowelli as harrisoni used to be classed as small macdowelli at one time, but with the smaller adult size from the harrisoni and cheynei (if the jungle in "jungle jag" is M.s.c im not on this stuff) background, Like Damien said you will find they spend a lot of time arboreal in coil on a branch if you give them one thick enought to take their weight they will still do that even when they get some size on them.

--------------------
Only ever been banned from two Forums so far (But Tescos is still in the lead)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

A thought crime a day keeps the padded cell away!!
Tidy, Access, Evoke!!
   PMEmail Poster

Brad Hogan
Posted: May 16, 2009 10:12 pm
 Quote Post

yeah definetly gonna make a gd perching site for him. building a rack system soon on one of the walls in my room. gonna be 8'x7'x2' and is going to contain 6 vivariums. should be really gd. im thinking of using MDF but lining all the vivs with acrylic so that they will last nearly forever no matter what humidity is in them; should be an interesting project. picked him up today to change his hiding box to something a little smaller and he didn't bite at all, not even a strike,which was kind of a surprise since i've only had him since thursday and he hasn't had chance to settle in yet.

--------------------
Tarantulas

Scorpions

Snakes:

Lizards:

Amphibians:
   PMEmail PosterYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic    Start new topic  Start Poll