Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topic  Start new topic  Start Poll

FOOTBALL FAN
Posted: November 09, 2006 10:21 pm
 Quote Post

Group: member
Member No.: 1214

can anyone help me out please I have a mantis I think its a asian mantis but i bought her off ebay and it just said praying mantis up until a week ago she was eating every day for the last month shes about 3cm long at the moment, but she has stopped eating shes been kept in the dark for the last few days but i thought this was a bad idea I know she needs light just wondering if this could be the reason she stopped eating???????
   PMEmail Poster

Habibi18
Posted: November 12, 2006 11:00 pm
 Quote Post

Member No.: 1066

It could be. I've never kept mantids before so I really can't tell you. But do know some one on another forum that I'm a proud member of that knows alot about mantids. He could probably answer your question. Although I don't want to give out any one's contact info with out their permission so you may have join the forum ( Which will be great! ) or email him if he has his email on display.

His name is Rob Byatt. I just checked it out and he doesn't have his email on display or either he doesn't have one. I don't know if he's on here or not. But here is the link to the forum that he and I are on: http://www.bugnation.myfreeforum.org Hope this helps!

Have you treid doing a Google search on the matter? That could help too.

This post has been edited by Habibi18 on November 12, 2006 11:02 pm

--------------------
Human: Please don't take over the world!
Giant Evil Blood Sucking Cockroach:Too late we already did and there's nothing you can do about it! *Laughs evilly*
Human:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
*Giant Evil Blood Sucking Cockroach armies take over the world and have humans at their mercy.....*
   PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN

man-hex
Posted: November 15, 2006 05:32 pm
 Quote Post

Member No.: 1294

I owned mantids before. In fact i had about 13 different american species but i caught mine wild... Mantids will stop eating before a moult. Just leave it alone for a few days. It will be fine. Tell me Does your mantid have anything that look like bruises on its abdomen, thorax or head?

--------------------
Cheers
John Dude

From The U.S. of Anarchy
X1 Chillian Rose
X1 H. Lividum
X1 P. Murinus
X1 Chillian Copper
   PMEmail Poster

Habibi18
Posted: November 15, 2006 08:37 pm
 Quote Post

Member No.: 1066

You caught 13 different american species of mantids wild?! WOW! Which species did you have?

--------------------
Human: Please don't take over the world!
Giant Evil Blood Sucking Cockroach:Too late we already did and there's nothing you can do about it! *Laughs evilly*
Human:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
*Giant Evil Blood Sucking Cockroach armies take over the world and have humans at their mercy.....*
   PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN

man-hex
Posted: November 15, 2006 10:16 pm
 Quote Post

Member No.: 1294

Litaneutria minor x2, Oligonyx scudderi, Brunneria borealis x2, Stagmomantis carolina, Oligonicella mexicana ( which actualy a friend caught and sent to me)
Caught these in florida on my vacation last year : Gonatista grisea, Mantoida maya, Thesprotia graminus. These i found NY 2 years ago: Stagmomantis carolina irronata, and Mantis religiosa. And my pride and joy Common Name : Plains mantis (Female lived for 4 years and grew to be 8 inches long and 5 inches tall with a wing span of 9 inches BIG BUG) All of which are no longer in my collection my friend in missouri is taking them for me until i live somewhere where i have room for them and My future spider collection of course biggrin.gif. Only 9 of the 13 Mantids are alive. As you can see im obsessed with mantids. Im still a noobie when it comes to arachnids. oh yeah and i didnt mean 13 species i meant 13 mantids lol Not counting what came from the egg sacs of course.

--------------------
Cheers
John Dude

From The U.S. of Anarchy
X1 Chillian Rose
X1 H. Lividum
X1 P. Murinus
X1 Chillian Copper
   PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic    Start new topic  Start Poll