Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topic  Start new topic  Start Poll

John Jallorina
Posted: January 17, 2007 10:07 am
 Quote Post

Group: member
Member No.: 727

just saw mites from my roaches and these are white,brownish creamy brown. they are living with a hermit crab and millipide. r these white mites harmful? i heard some mites are from millipides?. the tank is at the floor same cabinet with the t's but it wont reach as they are on shelves. i hope they are not harmful.

i already washed the milli by tap water and most of them have gone. and cannot find any this morning. it seems that on my hissers they came from! i already washed the hissers aswell. help please as these hissers will be fed for t's when i bred them. i can still see mites on my hissers. these mites looks tiny micro brown spider.

--------------------
My Collection:
   PMEmail Poster

Steve T
Posted: January 17, 2007 10:57 am
 Quote Post

Member No.: 670

I used a species of predatory mite (Hyoapsis miles) to kill off a mite infestation on my stag beetles. It was very effective, after a week there were no mites left.

Steve T.

--------------------
Steve T is Steve Turner

The DSA driving test booking fee is the biggest government scam of all time!
   PMEmail PosterMSN

tarantulabarn
Posted: January 17, 2007 11:22 am
 Quote Post

Member No.: 413

Hello, I have raised giant african millipedes for some time, and all I have to say about the mites is........ LEAVE THEM ALONE!..... The mites eat all of the fungus or unpleasant substances that grow on the millipedes skin. These mites help the millipede stay healthy and keep the skin free of bad conditions such as fungus growth that grows under the plates These mites are very different than the ones on snakes, lizards, and other creepy pets. They do not burrow into the millipedes' skin and are completley harmless to both people and millipedes. There is no reason to try to remove these mites, and I would highly reccomend that you dont try to. I hope this has helped you understand the importance and purpose of keeping these mites.I hope you enjoy many years with your new pet millipede!

--------------------
07801 128701/01273 701708
www.tarantulabarn.com
   PMEmail PosterAOL

John Jallorina
Posted: January 17, 2007 11:22 am
 Quote Post

steve i've researched and hissing roaches do get mites. and so is millis. method is shake them in a bag of flour. but i have washed them. next time when i feed them to my t's i'll wash them first before feedin.

--------------------
My Collection:
   PMEmail Poster

John Jallorina
Posted: January 17, 2007 11:26 am
 Quote Post

QUOTE (tarantulabarn @ January 17, 2007 11:22 am)
Hello, I have raised giant african millipedes for some time, and all I have to say about the mites is........ LEAVE THEM ALONE!..... The mites eat all of the fungus or unpleasant substances that grow on the millipedes skin. These mites help the millipede stay healthy and keep the skin free of bad conditions such as fungus growth that grows under the plates These mites are very different than the ones on snakes, lizards, and other creepy pets. They do not burrow into the millipedes' skin and are completley harmless to both people and millipedes. There is no reason to try to remove these mites, and I would highly reccomend that you dont try to. I hope this has helped you understand the importance and purpose of keeping these mites.I hope you enjoy many years with your new pet millipede!

ohh steve i didnt know next time i wont do it again. i hope more mites are back lol. few mins ago i was hoping they are all gone. but i'll make sure before i feed roach to t's i'll wash them

--------------------
My Collection:
   PMEmail Poster

John Jallorina
Posted: January 17, 2007 11:32 am
 Quote Post

steve you think the female roaches are adults and mated when they came here? i have lost the male and cant breed them now. i was over excited whilst watching my t mated now i cant find it.

--------------------
My Collection:
   PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic    Start new topic  Start Poll