Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topic  Start new topic  Start Poll

jaydenprice
Posted: March 06, 2012 06:39 pm
 Quote Post

Group: member
Member No.: 131024

Hello.can anyone tell me if I can use the exo terra tropical rain forest moss as substrate for my chile rose?if so,should I leave it dry or dampen it a bit.?
   PMEmail Poster

Peter Roach
Posted: March 07, 2012 03:47 am
 Quote Post

serpent

Group: member
Member No.: 65

Chile Rose require a TOTALLY dry substrate with just a small water bowl supplied. NO misting or spraying.
Notice that it is TROPICAL RAIN FOREST MOSS and the Chile rose comes from the edges of the Atacama Desert which is the driest desert on earth ! ! ! ! ! !

the soil has been compared to that of Mars. Due to its otherworldly appearance, the Atacama has been used as a location for filming Mars scenes, most notably in the television series Space Odyssey: Voyage To The Planets.
In 2003, a team of researchers published a report in the journal Science titled "Mars-like Soils in the Atacama Desert, Chile, and the Dry Limit of Microbial Life" in which they duplicated the tests used by the Viking 1 and Viking 2 Mars landers to detect life, and were unable to detect any signs in Atacama Desert soil.[14] The region may be unique on Earth in this regard and is being used by NASA to test instruments for future Mars missions. 
   PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic    Start new topic  Start Poll