Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topic  Start new topic  Start Poll

man-hex
Posted: November 08, 2006 11:21 pm
 Quote Post

Group: member
Member No.: 1294

I am currently a proud T ower of 4. I want to expand my horizons a bit and try somthing different. Pedes are my next endeaver but im curious. Are pedes cannibles? or can you keep them together? Are there any species that are communal and can have more than one in a single cage? Im not very familiar with this kind of beast so any info or thoughts would help. Thank you for your time.

--------------------
Cheers
John Dude

From The U.S. of Anarchy
X1 Chillian Rose
X1 H. Lividum
X1 P. Murinus
X1 Chillian Copper
   PMEmail Poster

FOOTBALL FAN
Posted: November 12, 2006 01:23 pm
 Quote Post

Member No.: 1214

millipede or centipede???
   PMEmail Poster

Habibi18
Posted: November 12, 2006 10:49 pm
 Quote Post

Member No.: 1066

I think he means Centipede because millipedes are decomposers eating dead leafs and stuff. I've never heard of a millipede being carnivorous. I think I read some where that certain species centipede do eat each other but I'm not sure where I read or if I read at all. *Going to look into the matter.*

They could be carnivorous. The more I think about the more possible it seems. I would like to know this for myself if I ever decide to keep them when I move out in four years ( Due to her fear of insects and any thing else that flies, crawls, hops, or any thing that can get out of it's tank and loose in the house my mom won't let me keep anything but hermit crabs ).

This is going to get interesting I can feel it.

This post has been edited by Habibi18 on November 12, 2006 10:52 pm

--------------------
Human: Please don't take over the world!
Giant Evil Blood Sucking Cockroach:Too late we already did and there's nothing you can do about it! *Laughs evilly*
Human:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
*Giant Evil Blood Sucking Cockroach armies take over the world and have humans at their mercy.....*
   PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN

wbs
Posted: November 12, 2006 10:58 pm
 Quote Post

Member No.: 1115

Scolopendra mutilans and Alipes grandidieri are communal species. Other species such as Ethmostigmus trigonopodus have been shown to be tolerant of one another at times but they aren't decidedly communal by any means.

The British stone centipedes (Lithobius forficatus) are communal. Despite the fact that you hardly ever see more than one under a stone, I've got a colony of 10 happily living together.

I'd recommend Scolopendra mutilans if you want some nice, fairly large centipedes for a communal tank.
   PMEmail Poster

FOOTBALL FAN
Posted: November 12, 2006 10:59 pm
 Quote Post

Member No.: 1214

thats what I was thinking because millipedes are definately not mine lives on a diet of mostly cabbage but I know centipedes are venemous and do not make great pets in the original sense of the word but are very intresting if you dont want a pet to hold, but to be honest I dont know about cannibalism amongst them
   PMEmail Poster

man-hex
Posted: November 13, 2006 03:48 pm
 Quote Post

No i was talking about centipedes lol. Thanks for the help wbs you anwsered my question perfectly. I think i can handle a pede but i will probably have a million questions once i get them. Thanks alot.

--------------------
Cheers
John Dude

From The U.S. of Anarchy
X1 Chillian Rose
X1 H. Lividum
X1 P. Murinus
X1 Chillian Copper
   PMEmail Poster

Habibi18
Posted: November 13, 2006 09:47 pm
 Quote Post

I knew you were talking about centipedes. If that were a millipede I think I would have a heart attack!

--------------------
Giant Evil Blood Sucking Cockroach:Too late we already did and there's nothing you can do about it! *Laughs evilly*
*Giant Evil Blood Sucking Cockroach armies take over the world and have humans at their mercy.....*

man-hex
Posted: November 14, 2006 08:33 pm
 Quote Post

Well i dont know about that. Have you ever heard of the amizonian millipede o' death.... Ya u betta watch out. They'll eat your foot off maybe your leg, and if your really unlucky they will eat your pride!!!! (I hear they are excellent soccer players not hard to see why)

--------------------
Cheers
John Dude

From The U.S. of Anarchy
X1 Chillian Rose
X1 H. Lividum
X1 P. Murinus
X1 Chillian Copper
   PMEmail Poster

Habibi18
Posted: November 14, 2006 11:31 pm
 Quote Post

No I haven't heard of them. Are you making this up? Do they really exist? It's kind of har to imagine a millipede of any size eating your foot. I want proof! wink.gif

--------------------

man-hex
Posted: November 15, 2006 05:23 pm
 Quote Post

ummm ........ eh ......... errr hum.gif ........ No punnish.gif ..... Its not real...... But then again it could exist.. sdye.gif CREATURE OF LEGEND sdye.gif !!! BOW to the amizonian millipede o' death!! BOW I SAY!!!! whip.gif

--------------------
Cheers
John Dude

From The U.S. of Anarchy
X1 Chillian Rose
X1 H. Lividum
X1 P. Murinus
X1 Chillian Copper
   PMEmail Poster

man-hex
Posted: November 15, 2006 05:55 pm
 Quote Post

We should take a trip to brazil and try to locate this creature of legend. I hear they hold the secret to immortality rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Cheers
John Dude

From The U.S. of Anarchy
X1 Chillian Rose
X1 H. Lividum
X1 P. Murinus
X1 Chillian Copper
   PMEmail Poster

Habibi18
Posted: November 15, 2006 08:39 pm
 Quote Post

I think we should do that. I've heard of centipedes attacking chickens but millipedes? I knew that couldn't be possible. So let's see if this monster exist.

--------------------

man-hex
Posted: November 15, 2006 09:58 pm
 Quote Post

Centipedes attacking chickens eh. Well the amizonian millipede o death attacks EVERYTHING with a vengance. Its scales are made of titanium allow (which is a result of the titanium flakes in the Everlast Rootbeer it feeds on. head.gif we may not come back alive! violin.gif

--------------------
Cheers
John Dude

From The U.S. of Anarchy
X1 Chillian Rose
X1 H. Lividum
X1 P. Murinus
X1 Chillian Copper
   PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic    Start new topic  Start Poll