Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topic  Start new topic  Start Poll

Snipes
Posted: August 14, 2009 11:09 pm
 Quote Post

Group: member
Member No.: 5802

I want to set up a nice tank with 6 (3 different bloodlines woohoo) Archispirostreptus gigas millipedes and 2-3 Damon diadema to stay at the top. The tank will be set up in a 12" x 12" x 18" (LxWxH) and will be kept moist. I might also get isopods to clean things up for the inevitable things that will try to take over such a loving atmosphere for them to grow in. I have the pedes, the tank is coming, and I am looking into getting the Damons soon. Any caveots predicted? Do you think this would work?
   PMEmail Poster

Grant Brown (GRB)
Posted: September 12, 2009 02:32 pm
 Quote Post

Group: member
Member No.: 7212

Providing you supply plenty of vertical space, the Damon should be fine. I have 4 D.diadema in a communal tank and they rarely venture to the ground. The males seem to prefer hanging onto the mesh roof whereas the females inhabit the lower regions nearer the heatmat.

I'm not great with millipedes, but so long as they can tolerate high humidity and temps of around 25C, they should be fine.

[Edit] Wait, i've just read the size of the tank. It's not big enough for 2-3 adult Damon IMO. I would go for something bigger - they need about 8" of space each when you take into account of their antenneform legs. Another caveat is that males will become territorial, so always mix only 1 male and x females together unless you have a really large tank. To put it in perspective, I have an exo terra 45cm^3 tank for 4 adults (2 male, 2 female).

This post has been edited by GRB on September 12, 2009 02:34 pm

--------------------
Rau,1933: Anyone who has watched insects or animals living their lives freely in the open knows that they do not always do their everyday duties in the same way; that there are in each population conservatives and radicals, stupid, brilliant, mediocre, and probably insane individuals.

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic    Start new topic  Start Poll